Nothing can turn heads quite like a beautiful lawn, so do what’s right and give your lawn the hydration it needs to thrive all year. Sprinkler systems will keep your lawn looking great while conserving water, but they do require attention.
Here are some tips from Mr. Plumber on what you should be aware of when purchasing and maintaining your sprinkler.
Keeping Up With Sprinkler System Maintenance
If you’re looking to purchase a sprinkler system or you already own one, you need to maintain it, so that it continues to help save you money in the long run.
Here are a few tips to keep your water sprinkler working its best:
- Know how long it takes for your sprinkler to water an inch of turfgrass. A healthy lawn needs one inch of water per week. Typically, an efficient water system can deliver 1 inch of water in 15 minutes.
- Adjust your watering schedule based on the season. Each season is different. In the spring, your lawn doesn’t need the same amount of water as it needs in the summer, just like your lawn doesn’t need the same amount of water in the winter as it does in the spring. Readjust your system to deliver more or less water as the season’s change.
- Regularly inspect your entire watering system for leaks, broken lines or misdirected sprinkler heads. If one area of your lawn is underwater and the other end of your lawn is completely dry, you’re wasting water and your money. Investigate your sprinklers to see which one is causing the problem.
- Install a rain or rain/freeze sensor to save more water. When it starts to rain or temperatures fall below freezing, this sensor works to shut off your irrigation system to avoid wasting water.
- Repair or replace damaged and clogged sprinkler heads. A monthly inspection of your sprinkler system allows you to find and replace any sprinkler heads that may be damaged, broken or in need of a cleaning.
- Clear obstructed or blocked lawn sprinklers. If your sprinkler heads are shooting water directly at an object, such as a car or window, readjust the heads to the areas you want to be watered.
- Hire a technician to audit your system once or twice during the summer. A technician who is certified to inspect your irrigation system should check your system 1-2 times during the summer to make sure everything is in working order.
More costly plumbing problems can be avoided through proper maintenance and service, which is why we offer the Mr. Plumber Club – a plumbing maintenance program that offers a wide variety of discounts and services in San Antonio and surrounding areas. Our technicians are ready and willing to answer any plumbing concerns you may have. They will also provide a detailed list of items that may need work done to ensure your plumbing appliances will continue to perform at a more structured level.
What Our Maintenance Checks Involve
If you’re having issues with your water sprinkler, rest assured that Mr. Plumber will perform a detailed analysis on your irrigation system to make sure that everything will remain working at 100%.
We Provide the Following Sprinkler Maintenance Services:
- Ensure that the nozzles are properly installed and provide complete coverage of the lawn
- Verify that the sprinkler nozzles are zoned correctly
- Inspect the seals and nozzles for any leaks, breakage or cracking
- Check for proper pressure for the entire system
- Check head and in-line valves for any drainage
- Ensure that the sprinklers provide even distribution and distance of water
- Inspect all electrical connections and components
- Adjust flow control and necessary settings
- Check and adjust automatic times and settings within the system, sensors and controllers
Our team has experience with all types of irrigation systems. If you are in the market for a new sprinkler system or simply need sprinkler system maintenance, give Mr. Plumber a call today. Let us fix it right.