Crowded restroom, dirty floors, questionable surfaces, nefarious stares and a heap of germs. Using a public restroom, while sometimes necessary, can turn into a fiasco – particularly in a ladies room. In fact, most San Antonio plumbers will confess that ladies public restrooms are typically “dirtier” than men’s public restrooms. According to researchers, a woman’s purse could be just as germ infested as a public toilet handle.
So what are you supposed to do with your purse? Here are a few suggestions.
- First things first, you probably think the hook on the door is the obvious choice. WRONG. Many women report using the hook and being victimized by purse snatchers who reach over the door to grab the purse while your pants are down.
- Door Knob or Handle – This may not always be an option if the handle is too small or your purse is large and heavy. But it’s a great solution for purselettes!
- Use Yourself – Hanging your purse around your neck (if the strap permits), using your lap or biting the strap are popular solutions for ladies who want to keep their belongings close.
- Paper Towels – Bring in some paper towels and leave your purse on those towels between your feet. This keeps the purse clean (off the dirty floor) and keeps it close to you for safety.
- Bring Your Own Hook – This is unanimously the best choice for women. You can scoop up a “clip” at your local accessories store or convert a wreath hook. Either way, make sure you put the clip on the stall wall and NOT the door. People are less likely to come into the next stall to take your bag. Clips can also be used at restaurants, desks and sporting events!
Hopefully, these tips will help keep your handbag clean, clear and off the bathroom floor!
Related Post: How to Live With A Small Bathroom Plumbing Service