San Antonio is one of the most flood-prone regions in the states. So if you are thinking about purchasing a new home or protecting the value of your current house there are several reasons you should install a sump pump in your home.
What is a Sump Pump?
A sump pump is a small plumbing appliance that re-directs flood water away from your home and into a safe area such as a storm drain or dry well. These pumps are typically installed in a small pit dug under the basement or in a crawlspace. As the ground underneath your house starts to fill with water during flooding, the pump will turn and dispose of the flood water. Sump pumps also keep the land under your home dry to prevent damp build-up in your basement.
Should I Get One?
Although sump pumps are fairly expensive to purchase and install, the amount of damage that could be done to your home without one quickly outweighs the cost. Here are just some of the benefits of installing a sump pump in your home:
- Sump pumps can prevent thousands of dollars worth of damage to your house and possessions.
- Helps prevent the growth of mold and mildew in your basement walls due to damp.
- Can prevent water damage and weakening of foundation.
- Pays for itself in water damage prevention.
- Ideal for flood prone areas.
Already have a sump pump installed? Here are a few signs it’s time to have it repaired:
- Foul odors issuing from pump.
- Pump fails to discharge flood water.
- Sump pump overflows.
Want a quick and painless sump pump installation or need us to take a look at your current pump for possible repairs? Call Mr. Plumber at (210) 940-3677 or reach us through our contact page. We’re happy to answer any questions!